Requirements to be a Host Family with WRSP
- All host families must fill out an application in full online and email back with pictures attached of the family and home.
- All members living in the home (including boarders) over 18 yrs must have an up to date police check (within 3 months) and all host families must redo all police checks every 3 years. If a police check should come back showing any kind of criminal offence that a person has been convicted of, we will not place a student in the home.
- Host families must read & sign the Host Agreement on a yearly basis.
- A home visit will be conducted after we have received the completed application back to answer all questions, go over the expectations of host families, explain the program and have a tour of the home.
- Once a year the host profile and host agreement will be sent to be updated, re-read and signed, if this is not done then a student will not be assigned to the home for the upcoming year.
- A co-ordinator is assigned to both the host parents and the student for the year, the coordinator will be sending emails on a monthly basis to both the parents and the student, and both are expected to respond, as this is our way of making sure that all is well within the home. Student’s emails are confidential, so if there is a problem they can feel free to let us know, and we will help them work on hopefully a solution, and if that can’t be done, then as a last resort we will find a new home.
- All of our host families come to us from word of mouth. They are referred to us by other host families. We do not advertise other than within our host base, local communities, schools, and church’s, because we realize that our best host’s come from people who have seen others in their circle host!
We are vigilant to make sure that we provide safe caring homes for all of our students. If we hear of anything from a student or another host about any family or anything within any family that we feel is not healthy, we will not hesitate to move a student out
If you meet our requirements and would like to host a student, download our Application Form.